Carbon Footprint Policy Statement
It is the stated policy of Howard James Recruitment Training Limited (hereafter known as HJRTL)to reduce its environment impact wherever practical. Carbon reducing measures form an integral part of HJRTL’s overall strategy, helping to improve both operational performance and a reduction in potentially harmful emissions to land, water and air. HJRTL’s current medium-term plan is to work towards a realistic yet challenging target to reduce its carbon foot print to 10% within 4 –5 years.
To help reduce our carbon footprint, HJRTL will:
- Comply with all current energy legislation, seeking to meet or better legislative targets
- Minimise waste, promote recycling and the use of recycled products to help reduce the burden of land fill and therefore methane generation.
- Promote environmental awareness and responsibility amongst employees, partners, contractors and service users in projects in which HJRL is involved and will seek, where practicable, to continuously improve environmental performance.
- Evaluate and where possible adopt means of reducing travelling including ideas such as video conferencing.
- Evaluate the potential benefits of home-working.
- Evaluate the potential benefits of carbon offsetting such as tree planting on land owned by HJRTL.
- Encourage occupants of HJRTL’s homes to reduce their carbon footprint.
Actions taken to date include:
- Installation of energy efficient and therefore carbon reducing equipment throughout HJRTL offices
- Install and test virtual / home working to reduce travelling
- Monthly review of carbon footprint.